Youth for Seva works with partner NGOs – whom it connects to volunteers who give their time.
As a principle, YFS volunteers do not raise money for partner NGOs – though they help with other aspects of fund raising – like designing brochures, websites, email newsletters etc. of the partner NGOs.
- Make a list of donation platforms that are relevant to Indian NGOs. This is not a small list, there are the known platforms and there are other platforms like CII that are not conventional donation platforms – but getting registered with them helps the partner NGOs.
- Help partner NGOs register with a pre-screened list of online donation platforms.
Useful Links :
- Google search for online donation platforms – in India / as well as other countries like USA / UK – since some partner NGOs have FCRA approval and can raise money from abroad.
- This article from Mashable is a useful read – Top 12 Online Fundraising Platforms for Donors & Non-Profits.
Expectations from Interns :
- Unlike many other internship options listed on this site – which need daily travel to the seva centers, a significant part of the work in this internship is something that can be done from home.Off course a certain number of meetings with partner NGOs shall be required.
- Since the work requires getting the documentation of the partner NGOs in the format required by donation platforms – it is very well suited to students of commerce or those pursuing professional programs like CA, CS, CWA etc. though all are welcome.