We, at YFS, have got a good collection of books received from our collection drives and partner NGOs.
The ultimate goal is to have a library setup at each of our teaching Kendra
Ideal Team of Interns :
- 2-3 volunteers will be involved in collecting books currently present at our various locations and tagging each of them (as per our set format)
- 2-3 volunteers will be involved in visiting various kendras and establishing libraries there
- 2-3 volunteers (with basic knowledge of website development) will be involved in developing website for this complete YFS library project
- 3-4 volunteers can be involved for locating and organizing more collection drives, as per requirement
Interns will :
- Understand the present process and courses being taught by partner NGOs
- Identify new useful courses as per current trends – available via NSDC (National Skill Development Corporation)(http://nsdcindia.org/pdf/list-nsdc-centers-across-country.pdf)
- Make suggestions / help redesign course being taught at the partner NGOs using inputs available from Nasscom Foundation / computer centers run by other NGOs.
- Impart class room / practical training to future trainers
- Help prepare program and process documentation at various centers.
Various projects being run by Youth for Seva, Delhi Chapter – suitable for internships